We welcome submissions at any time, on any theme. Sticking as far as possible to the following guidelines will make our lives much easier and earn our gratitude:
- Please send no more than five poems or no more than 500 words of prose at a time.
- Please send your submission in the body of an email, not as an attachment, as this makes it easier for us to access and read through your work.
- Please note we do not accept previously published work. If you have posted your work on your blog/website we may ask you to take it down temporarily to give us some exclusivity.
- We know it’s said a lot, but don’t adorn your work with coloured type, fancy fonts, borders, pretty paper or clip-art. Love your poems – give them the space they deserve.
- Similarly, don’t try and ‘sell them’ to us. You shouldn’t have to attach a three-paragraph explanatory note to your poem.
- If submitting by post please include a cover sheet with your name, contact details and poem titles, as things often get scattered during sifting. Please also include a stamped, self-addressed envelope if you want us to return your poems.
- We also welcome suggestions for books for review. Please send a sample of your writing, along with the details of a specific book you are interested in reviewing (if you have one).
- Please be aware that poems will be considered both for the print magazine and for the online content – if your piece is accepted we’ll let you know where it’ll appear.
- We aim to respond to submissions within six weeks. If you haven’t heard back by then, please feel free to drop us an email.
Dept. of English and Creative Writing